How do I keep my team engaged whilst everyone is working remote?
I think what we’re all missing is the small day-to-day interactions with other people like the chats over making coffee in the office kitchen or lunchtime walks with colleagues. This is difficult to replicate virtually but I have listed a few things below that have helped us at KVA:
– Arrange 1-2-1 coffee breaks with colleagues you don’t work with day to day but would usually pass in an office environment
– Keep the socials once a week for either an entire company or division. These can be team quizzes, closing the office down an hour earlier to have virtual drinks or organise a team building activity. Vision boards are one of my personal favourites.
– Assign everyone with a mentor who looks out for them day to day and keeps them on track
– Most people thrive when they have goals and can see themselves achieving them. Ensuring line managers are focused on their teams’ progression is vital for engagement
– Take the time to ensure everyone in your team knows where the company is headed and what your purpose is 🙂
Get your dose of inspiration!
Keep up-to-date with new content, news and other important updates.